When everybody in the family is incredibly busy, we often forget to take the time necessary to reconnect and check in with one another.
1.Make a mandatory family meeting once a week (Sundays are excellent because it doubles as an organizational tool for school).
2. Review the past week and prepare for the upcoming week.
3. Everybody has a turn to bring up any issue or report on any event.
4. The focus of this meeting is not discipline.
5. No blaming, scapegoating or name calling allowed in the meeting.
6. Keep the tone of the meeting positive.